These three New Testament books are part of the seven authenticated letters of the Apostle Paul and are remarkable windows into what the early Church was wrestling through in the middle of the 1st century. Together they total only ten chapters and are ideal for Bible Study Groups who enjoy working through Biblical texts together. They are designed to be done individually or in a series since they involve similar historic, geographical, political and religious themes.
This video course includes both background and discussion on each chapter, starting with I Thessalonians, followed by the single-letter chapter of Philemon, and concluding with Philippians. Madelon is facilitating a group in Colorado that met to explore these texts in depth over several days. You are hearing her facilitate a discussion on each chapter, verse by verse, as well as provide background and answer questions. (The verses being read are posted on the video and are all in the NRSV translation of the Scriptures so they can be easily followed.)
Bible Study groups use these video courses (Isaiah being the first offered, and these three Paul letters being the second), to deepen their study and approach their use in different ways. After the individual participants purchase their own copy of the 12 hours of video, some groups choose to watch the chapter pertinent to their upcoming discussion.
Other Bible Study groups decide to discuss their chapter selection first and THEN watch the video, either together or individually. Individuals tell us they go back and watch it again, after the discussion, to cement any points. Each video is varies in length from 45 minutes to 90 minutes. Whichever way is helpful to the group and individuals is the most important.
There is an accompanying I Thessalonians/Philemon/Philippians Bible Study Workbook to the video course and reduced pricing available when both the video course and workbook are purchased together. Volume discounts apply for groups of 3 or more or 6 or more, including free shipping when 6 or more are sent to one participant who then distributes the workbooks to others.
One note: the 12 hours of video for this course are not downloaded on individual computers, taking up needed hard drive space, but are rather accessed through a link 24/7 whenever the individual chooses. This simplifies the technology by making them available with a click. There is also a very short, two-minute youtube video to show individuals who have purchased the course how to access the various chapters of video on their computers.
- Regular price for individual access: $225 ($15 per session)
- Individual access for Bible study groups of 2 to 5: $75 per participant ($5 per session)
- Individual access for Bible study groups of 6 or more: $59 per participant ($3.95 per session)
- Lesson 1: “An Overview of the New Testament” Run time: 30 minutes
- Lesson 2: 1 Thessalonians Historical Background and Chapter 1: 1-4 – Run time: 49 minutes
- Lesson 3: 1 Thessalonians Chapter 1: 5-10 – Run time: 59 minutes
- Lesson 4: 1 Thessalonians Chapter 1: 10 – Chapter 2: 16 – Run time: 81 minutes
- Lesson 5: 1 Thessalonians Chapter 2: 13 – Chapter 2: 20 – Run time: 42 minutes
- Lesson 6: 1 Thessalonians Chapter 3: 1 – Chapter 4: 8 – Run time: 45 minutes
- Lesson 7: 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4: 13 – Chapter 5: 28 – Run time: 75 minutes
- Lesson 8: Philemon – Run time: 91 minutes
- Lesson 9: Philippians Introduction – Run time: 21 minutes
- Lesson 10: Philippians Chapter 1: 1 – Chapter 1: 19 – Run time: 56 minutes
- Lesson 11: Philippians Chapter 1: 20 – Chapter 2: 11 – Run time: 94 minutes
- Lesson 12: Philippians Chapter 2: 6 – Chapter 4: 23 – Run time: 77 minutes
How it works:
This is a streaming online video course which means that you will need to have access to a relatively high speed internet connection each time you want to access the course. When you purchase the course, you will establish a membership with Bible Roads and a username and password to access that membership. You can access your online course any time you have a live internet connection available to your computer, tablet, or smart phone. **Recommended internet browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari **Non-recommended internet browsers: AOL, Explorer
To login and review your purchased online course go to “My Account” at the top of this screen and select “My Courses” from the drop down menu. Enter your username and password in the fields provided. Watch a quick video tutorial on how to access your courses here.