Here are some guidelines for how you might consider studying the Scriptures:
- Pray first, knowing you will hear what you need to receive.
- Read a selected passage slowly. Note what precedes and follows it. Can this reveal anything helpful? Read it in several translations so if the text is familiar to it, you’ll have a fresh, new sense of its meaning from several viewpoints.
- What does it mean to you? Make notes in the margin of your Bible. Perhaps date it. If there is a particular situation you’re praying about, note that.
- Act on what you’re directed to do as a result of this study. Look for ways to live and share these gems of inspiration.
- Dr. Horner’s Bible Reading Plan
- Bible Translations
- Study Bibles
- Bible Dictionaries
- Bible Reference Books
- Group Bible Study
- Other Bible Resources
Bible Internet Sites
- For more information on the American Bible Society, please click here.
- For more information on the Bible Gateway, please click here.
- For more information on the New Living Translation, please click here.